Designed for non-lawyers, this course will provide business owners, managers, supervisors, and HR professionals with a roadmap for effectively handling complicated employee-related issues that affect today’s legal-prone work environment. Each class contains guidelines, step-by-step compliance instructions, and practical leadership skills, methods, and techniques proven strategies for successfully managing employees and for complying with state and federal workplace laws.
One Month Course
Length (in hours): 16
Price in USD $195.00
One Month Course
Workplace Law Compliance
- HR/Employer Recordkeeping Requirements.
- Company Policies and Handbooks (What Works for You and Against in Court).
- Understanding Federal Mandated Leave-of-Absence Laws (Guidelines, Forms, Policies & Tracking).
- Legal Guidelines for Layoffs, Downsizing/Restructuring, Handling Unemployment Claims & Employee Recall Rights.
- Joint (Dual) Employer Liability (Does It Apply to Your Workplace)?
Supervisors & The Law
- How to Legally Track, Document & Discipline Employees.
- How to Effectively Handle Employee Absenteeism & Punctuality Issues.
- How to Handle Disgruntled & Bad-Attitude Employees without the Fear of Threats or Lawsuits.
- Preventing Supervisor Liability (Employee Confidentiality/Privacy Issues, Discrimination, Retaliation, Bullying & Harassment).
Handling Employee Grievances and Complaints
- Understanding the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Process.
- Legal “Do’s & Don’ts” for Handling Employee Grievances.
- How to Develop an Effective Internal Dispute Resolution Policy/Procedure.
- EEOC Guidelines for Conducting Workplace Investigations.
Selecting, Interviewing and Hiring the Best People
- Guidelines for Pre-Screening Job Candidates.
- How to Legally/Effectively Get Candidates to Talk About Reprimands, Previous Employers & Terminations.
- Developing Excellent Interviewing Skills (Legal “Do’s & Don’ts”).
- How to Catch Resume Fraud, Fakes, & Liars.
- Guidelines for Legally Extending & Retracting Job Offers.
- How to Deal with Bad Hiring Mistakes-Legally & Without Fear of Retaliation